Tuesday 29 April 2014

Colour me inspired

 I didn't mean to leave it this long but stuff got in the way like it does.

After seeing the Polymer Clay Guild's stall at the hobby fair at the NEC I decided I needed to up my game a bit so I have been working my way through Polymer Clay Color Inspirations by Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio.

The necklace and brooch are the first things I have made other than colour swatches since starting the book.  Its not a huge book, but boy is it meaty. I have still not got through all the excercises in fact, I am still working out my personal colour palett (pallett? pallet?) yes learning to spell it would be a good start.


 But I am amazingley pleased with the colour combinations on this necklace and I feel like my use of colour is already improving though I say so myself as shouldn't.

The brooch is also a playing with gold leaf after all why concentrate on one thing when you can muddy the waters with something else? That is nearer to my personal colours that I thought I was selecting untill I went off on the earthy tones of the necklace.
Oh I have also downloaded Donna Kato's millefiori book but not got round to any millefioring yet. Watch this space. But don't hold your breath obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment